CENTRAL ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT PROFILE
Mr Richard Kamhoti was born on the 28th of August 1961.He attended his Ordinary Level at Mpopoma Secondary and his Advanced level at Mzilizikazi Secondary in Bulawayo. He is a holder of Bachelors in Administration with the University of Zimbabwe and also holds a Master of Public Administration degree. Mr Richard Kamhoti is also a holder of a Postgraduate Diploma in law (Conciliation and Arbitration) with the University of Zimbabwe. He is currently studying a Doctorate’s degree with Lusaka University.
Mr Kamhoti worked for the Ministry of Public Service, Rural Development Branch as the Training Officer from 1984 to 1985.He also worked at City of Harare. Between 1992 and 1996 he acted in the positions of Chief Committee Officer and Senior Administrative Officer, Town Clerk’s Department. In 1997 to 2003 he was appointed the Assistant Town Clerk. He was also employed by the Urban Institute from 2004 as a Senior Local Government Management Specialist before migrating to Kariba Municipality. He was then employed by Kariba Municipality as a Chamber Secretary from August 2005 up to date.
OVERALL DUTIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Strategy formulation and Implementation
- Leadership and Management of Department.
- Corporate Governance.
- Relationship Management.
- Management of Resources and Organisational Development
Fire, Ambulance & Security
- Provide and increase ambulance
- Maintain the fire brigade and fire fighting services at current levels.
- To provide efficient emergency services
- Enforcement of the Municipal by-laws
- Provide and increase primary health coverage.
- To introduce mobile primary health care clinic facilities in remote areas like Charara on monthly basis
Provide guidelines on the day to day running of the organisation. Try by all means to avoid corruption. Advise the organisations and correct the systems especially where there are loopholes.
- Ensure that Council and Committee meetings are held in terms of the Urban Councils Act.
- Provide Customer care services and provide effective Human Resources Management.
Major Services offered – Emergency Services
Fire fighting and ambulance services.
Refuse collection in all areas of Kariba and to make sure that the Town is clean.
Provide health services to all residents.